What a year 2016 was. I enjoyed a couple of really great vacations with friends that I love. Eric and I moved apartments. I got an exciting new job that aligns with my career goals. I took my first business trip to NYC. I expanded my blog’s reach. I started doing a bit of writing for another blog. It has been a whirlwind of a year, with what feels like as many ups as there were downs. (Wasn’t 2016 a rough year for most!?)
This year has really humbled me in terms of figuring out who I am. I’m 25, smack in the middle of my twenties and looking on to figure out what’s to come and admire what I’ve accomplished so far. I’ve always loved the idea of doing a 101 in 1001 days list (inspired by Mackenzie Horan!) – it helps you stay accountable for doing things you say you’d love to try but never get around to. Living in a city with so much to do, it can seem overwhelming to pick just one thing. The nearly three year list is a bit intimidating to me, so I’m trimming mine down to complete 30 in 365 – thirty things I’m committing to do this year!
While a lot of people don’t love “resolutions,” I enjoy the positive thinking that goes into making this year, and every year, better than the last. I encourage you to make a list for this year – or the next 1001 days, if you’re feeling inspired! I’ll post an update at the start of each month to show what I’ve gotten through so far.
30 in 365
- Try SoulCycle.
- Run a 5k.
- Exercise four times a week for a month.
- Go on a hike.
- Floss daily for a month.
- Visit the dermatologist.
- Learn to meditate, and do it regularly for a month.
- Read 10 new books.
- Journal every day for two weeks.
- Learn a new soup recipe.
- Go one month without ordering take-out.
- Try five new recipes.
- Go vegetarian for one week.
- Take a cooking class.
- Go to a comedy show.
- Create a painting for my home.
- Plan a surprise for someone I love.
- Attend five events with my sorority’s alumni group.
- Go one month without shopping.
- Watch a documentary.
- Watch a movie outdoors.
- Travel to a new state.
- Throw out 15 things and don’t replace them.
- Learn calligraphy.
- Go to the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- Visit the National Arboretum in DC.
- Visit the Botanic Garden in DC.
- Go to an NFL game.
- Try 10 new restaurants.
- Leave a 100% tip for great service.
Do you have a list of things you’re hoping to accomplish in 2017?